Monday, September 27, 2010

A God Wink? *

Riding down the road the other day.......I was listening to the radio, which is unusual for me and that's another story, and heard an old Eagles' song (I think?).  The line that caught my attention was kinda "so often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key".  Of course, the song had absolutely nothing to do with the Christian lifestyle or journey, but my thought was how it perfectly states our journey.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Think about it.......how we let the world, life, fears, obligations, money, possessions, you name it come into our thoughts and wrap chains around us.  And sometimes we go along for awhile thinking "we can fix this", yet the chains get longer and heavier until we are bound.  And then when all seems most hopeless, where do we look?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It amazes me.......that even people that claim to not believe in God or Jesus will call on Him in times of total hopelessness.  That alone is proof that He is the key.  The key that breaks our chains that we wrap around ourselves.  Sure there are some who would not even call on Him then and scripture gives them a very appropriate name; 'LOST'.  What a sad name.  What a sad word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
How amazing God is.......that He could choose to speak to me through a what maybe 20+ year old rock song.  Only He can use something so extremely out there for a typical believer, yet He knew me.  He...knew...me.  I don't believe in coincidence.  Long, long ago I heard that song over and over and over again, but this day I heard it with a new message.  One that God had planned for me long ago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Watch and pray.......because God has something He wants to tell you, but you've got to be ready to hear it.  Even if it takes years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Galatians 5:1 nkjv.......Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 Timothy 2:19 nkjv.......Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal:  "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
And this is one of my favorite verses;
John 8:36 nkjv......."Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*References the book "When God Winks at You" by Squire Rushnell

No comments:

Post a Comment